Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Session variable not getting updated

I was doing the final touches to the price calculation process of the shopping cart of the e-commerce web site which we(rasika & me) have to deliver on next week.

I was updating a session variable and subsequently redirecting to another web page. In the second page I'm checking the updated value of the session variable and came across this weired behavior that session variable is not getting updated sometimes.

I tried in many ways to figure out the problem and spent half a day. Finally when I'm testing with the Firefox browser, realized that it takes a constant time to update the session and before updating the session it is checking the status of that session variable from the second page. so what I did is put a delay before redirecting to the second page and it is working fine. Weired...

No comments:

Post a Comment